If you’re ready to list your home for sale in Greenville, South Carolina, it’s helpful to look around at other homes in the neighborhood. This way, you can compare your home to others and highlight the best features you have to offer. But what happens when you discover that your home is in need of serious attention? Should you put in the time and money to make things work or just sell it as-is?
Selling a Home that Needs Repairs
When you have a home in Greenville, South Carolina that needs a lot of repairs, you have a couple of options. One is to fix up the home so that you can list it and drive in buyers. If you decide to go this route, we recommend tackling high-priority items like removing mold, fixing leaks or repairing the roof.
Many buyers are okay with a home that needs some cosmetic improvements, though this should still be reflected in the price. Or, you can make some cosmetic improvements to help the home sell faster and for more money. For example, you can paint the cabinets, add new hardware or update the light fixtures. These are relatively inexpensive ways to help your home sell quicker.
However, if your home needs a lot of work, you might want to reconsider fixing things up. Homes that have holes in the wall, urine-soaked wood floors or bad plumbing require a lot of attention. They can’t be economically fixed, which is why you’re probably better off selling the home as-is. Contractors and house flippers will probably make a decent offer.
As-is Home Sales in Greenville, South Carolina: What Do They Mean
Sellers list their homes for sale as-is when they don’t want to do any repairs before closing. In other words, there are no guarantees from the seller that everything is in working condition. If the buyer discovers problems after closing, they are their responsibilities. In return, they get a discount on the property.
As-is sellers still have to meet federal and state minimum disclosure standards, which include telling the buyers about lead paint, asbestos or termite damage. It’s also important to note that as-is doesn’t always mean broken beyond repair. Some sellers aren’t in a position to make repairs and updates, though the home is still in relatively good condition.
Pros and Cons of As-Is Home Sales
There are pros and cons to selling your South Carolina home as-is. At Sell Your Home Upstate, we want our clients to be informed on their options so that they can make the right decision. Let’s look over the advantages and disadvantages to be aware of.
Pros of selling your home as-is
There are many benefits to selling a property as-is. The buyers have the money on hand, which means all of the financing details are taken care of. There is no need for banks or lenders. Here are the advantages:
- Save your money. If you’re not in a financial position to make repairs, selling as-is is a great option. You can save money and use it to put towards your new home or apartment.
- Sell quickly. One of the benefits of selling as-is is that you generally sell to a house flipper or investor who prefers a quick sale. They have the money to buy your home so you don’t need the banks.
- Avoid showings. When an investor buys your home, you don’t have to worry about staging and showing your property. In fact, many investors forgo inspections and appraisals because they’re not necessary.
Cons of selling your home as-is
Selling your South Carolina home as-is does have its disadvantages. Here are some things to consider before moving forward with this type of sale:
- Negative perception. As-is homes tend to get a bad rap because people think there are serious issues with it. Buyers don’t want to invest in a home that has big problems, but that’s also why these homes appeal to investors.
- Low-ball offers. With a negative perception, it’s also possible that buyers might give you an offer that’s lower than what you want.
- Fewer buyers. Listing an as-is sale will bring in fewer potential buyers. The good news is that cash buyers only need one showing before they’ll make an offer.
Should I Sell My Fixer Upper in South Carolina for Cash?
Only you can make the decision as to whether or not you want to sell your home as-is. There are times when it makes sense to put in the work and sell your home the traditional way, and there are times when it’s best to cut ties and sell the home as-is.
To make a decision, the best thing to do is gather information. Sell Your Home Upstate provides free, no obligation cash offers. This way, you can see what we will offer for your home. We are committed to making fair cash offers and we promise not to low-ball you. We also cover closing costs.
When you know what our cash buyers in Greenville, South Carolina are willing to pay, you can compare your two options. Selling your home through a realtor does involve making repairs and updates, as well as paying realtor commissions. To get an accurate picture, you’ll need to compare your cash offer with what you’ll end up paying once the repairs and commissions are paid for.
Sell Your Home Upstate: Why Choose Our Greenville, South Carolina Home Buyers
Sell Your Home Upstate buys homes in as-is condition. We look forward to seeing your home and making a cash offer that you can’t refuse! The best part is, once you accept the offer, we can get started with the paperwork right away. Appraisals and inspections are not required in a cash sale.
Reasons to choose us include:
- Local business that knows the ins and outs of the Upstate
- Fair cash offers – no low-ball offers
- All closing costs covered
- As-is sale – no cleanup or repairs necessary
- No commissions, fees or agents
Get Your Free Cash Offer Today
If you’re ready to get a free cash offer on your Greenville, South Carolina property, contact Sell Your Home Upstate today. We can get you an offer in an hour or less after doing a walkthrough. We’ve been doing this a long time and we know what we want. Connect with our qualified home buyers today!