Without a doubt, things are slowly returning to normal here in the U.S. It’s hard to know if things will stay that way, but for now, more businesses are opening up, public schools are shifting to in-person learning and millions of people have been vaccinated for COVID-19.
However, this does not mean that we’re able to resume our normal lifestyles and routines. The reality is that COVID-19 has long-term implications. Joblessness remains high and millions report that they have not had enough to eat or been able to catch up on rent payments.
If you are one of these households, you are certainly not alone. In Greenville, South Carolina, over one million people, or 35 percent, are having trouble covering usual household expenses. So what can you do to get back on track? For some people, it means selling their home and moving to a more affordable property.
What to Do When You Lose Your Job
If you lost your job during COVID, you’re probably receiving unemployment benefits for the time being. But these benefits are probably far less than what your paychecks were – and unemployment eventually runs out.
The ideal situation is that you find a new job and are able to catch up on your mortgage payments. But what if that’s not in the cards for you? COVID is making everything harder, and many people are struggling to find jobs where they feel safe and receive decent pay and benefits.
If you want to keep your home but are struggling to pay your mortgage, you have several options. You can:
- Refinance for a lower payment plan
- Ask your lender to accept temporary partial payments
- Suspend the mortgage for a few months
- Talk to your lender about mortgage relief options and protections (the CARES Act allows you to temporarily pause or reduce mortgage payments)
The best thing to do is confront the situation, find out about your rights and ask for help. The sooner you can do this, the better. You’ll have more options when you’re proactive, as well as more time to think things through.
Selling Your Greenville Home: Could This be the Best Option?
Now, if you feel like you’re digging yourself into a deeper hole every month, you might want to think about selling your home in Greenville SC. This is a good option if your financial situation is not temporary. Perhaps you’re worried that you won’t be able to find another job that will cover your bills.
It’s also possible that you’ve needed to move for a while but have been waiting. This could be the push you need to sell your home before your financial situation gets worse. For example, if you have a larger home than you need, you can downsize and get something more affordable and manageable. Plus, the current interest rates are historically low!
We all wish for financial hardships to be temporary. And many times they are. But the damage they can do can make it very difficult to catch up and resume the same lifestyle you once had.
When Time is of Essence: Selling Your Home for Cash
When you’re facing a financial hardship, time is of essence. The longer you wait, the more your bills will pile up and your home could go into foreclosure. The best option may be to sell your home fast. To do this, you don’t want to waste time finding a realtor, staging the home, taking photos, waiting for the listing and so forth. You want to get started NOW.
Luckily, you have the option to sell your home fast with Sell Your Home Upstate. And you don’t have to worry about closing costs, realtor fees, commissions, showings or home inspections. We buy homes from people who need help, and we can usually close in about seven days.
Here’s how the process works:
- Fill out our form. Give us a call or fill out our online form to get the process started. We’ll get some details on your property and then do an in-person walkthrough to assess the home’s condition. In almost all cases, we buy the home, renovate it and sell it.
- Get your offer. Our offers are always fair and honest. Plus, you get to keep all of the money! Once we give you your offer, you can decide what you want to do. If you accept, we’ll start the closing paperwork right away.
- Pack up and move. It usually takes a week to get everything in order. During this time, you can pack up what you want to take with you and start planning for your new journey. We will keep you up to date on the paperwork.
- Close on the home. Lastly, we’ll schedule a time and date to close on your home. We cover all closing costs and you get to walk away with cash in your pocket. You can use this money for whatever your family needs.
Why Does this Process Go So Fast?
Many people are surprised to learn how quickly they can sell their home to a home buying company, but it’s not because it’s a scam. It’s because there is no middleman to slow things down. This transaction is between us (the buyers) and you (the seller). We have the money to purchase your home so we don’t need to wait on the banks for approvals, inspections or appraisals.
Not to mention, our offer is guaranteed. In a traditional home sale, many prospective buyers have contingencies or may get cold feet and choose to pull out of the sale. This won’t happen with us. We know what we want and we’re not afraid to purchase homes that need work.
Get Your Free Cash Offer
Do you like what you’ve heard so far? Due to the economic climate we’re living in, more sellers are choosing to sell their homes fast using a home buying company. They don’t have to put any more into their homes this way, and they can take advantage of the low interest rates. To get your free cash offer, contact Sell Your Home Upstate today.